What to expect.
Our winter and spring training camps offer the chance to prepare for your season in the fantastic terrain of southern Spain. Catering both for experienced riders and those new to sportives we will focus specifically on preparing for mountainous riding with climbing and descending technique emphasised using the fantastic local terrain to it's full potential. There will be evening talks covering training and nutrition to ensure you get the most out of your week's training and preparation.
This will be a very personalised camp with small groups and video footage and analysis to ensure you get the best possible preparation for your goals. Check out this video for a preview of the terrain and and weather you can expect (this was taken the week before Christmas!) or for more details on the area check out this article on Wheelsuckers.
What does it cost?
Due to the current uncertainty, prices are in euros. However, you can still pay in Sterling at the exchange rate at time of booking. Unlike some camps we offer everything you need for a fantastic trip to the sun including meals and airport transfers. If you do not require an airport transfer the price can be reduced by €50 and we can recommend local car hire options. If you would like an airport transfer please check before booking your flights so that we can ensure that the flight times work with the planned transfers.
€620 per week - sharing a twin room with en-suite bathroom
€720 per week - single occupancy
Long weekend or longer trips are available, please enquire for a personalised quote.
Got a club or group? We can offer a 10% discount for groups of 10 or more as well as discounts for longer stays - contact us via email@example.com or call (+44)07890 782329 for more details.
- 7 nights accommodation in an en-suite room
- Breakfast and three course evening meal including drinks (lunch will be either a stop en route or in one of the local tapas bars after the ride)
- 7 led group rides with route maps and Garmin files available if required
- Video analysis on descending technique
- Airport transfer from Malaga airport (please contact me first for recommended flights from various UK airports. Transfers outside of the recommended flights may incur an extra charge or we can advise car hire options)
- Energy drink during rides
- Evening talks designed to improve your performance including training, technique and nutrition
- Fantastic mountainous terrain and a warm climate that makes tough training a pleasure!
- Workshop and mechanic for minor repairs and spares (at cost)
- Bike cleaning facilities
What's not included:
- In ride nutrition with the exception of energy drinks to start the ride with - we will stop for fresh spring water from village fountains on the way
- Following car
- Alcoholic beverages other than during dinner (the hotel has an excellent bar serving a great coffee!)
- Travel insurance
What you need to bring:
- Your bike, please ensure this is in good condition on arrival, minor repairs needed during your stay will be done free of charge providing the bike arrives in a clean and well serviced state (spares are not included in the price)
- Cycling kit and helmet (helmets are compulsory in Spain)
- Low gearing (39x27 or lower is recommended, preferably a compact chainset)
- Armwarmers, cap, a rain cape and long fingered gloves are advised for long descents from high altitudes (we will climb up to over 1500m)
- Basic spares and a pump as you would take on any ride
- Travel insurance
- An European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) to ensure that health care is covered under the Spanish health service
We can accommodate guests throughout February and March. 'Training camp' dates for Spring 2020 are as follows (weeks run Sunday to Sunday):
16th-23rd February (The week of the Vuelta Andalucia, and often a great chance to watch the pros race up close!)
*new dates* 15th-22nd March
If you have specific dates you would like to attend we can arrange customised trips for groups of 6 or more.
For more details or to book your place contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07890 782329
© Copyright Cycle Alpujarra